1+ Hours $29+
We have paddleboards for every skill level
Skill Level: Novice/Intermediate/Advance
Reservation Required Day Prior Mon – Fri, Walk-In’s Only Allowed Sat – Sun
Launch Times: Mon – Fri @ 10:30AM, Sat – Sun @ 10:30AM & 2:00PM
Paddleboard past the wildlife, plant life, landmarks, beautiful properties and impressive yachts of the New River at your own leisure when you rent kayaks from us. Launching out of Esplanade Park in the Downtown Himmarshee Village across from the Museum of Discovery and Science. For a more relaxed and secluded day, paddle west and explore the north and south forks of the New River past the residential neighborhoods of Sailboat Bend and Riverside Park or even the Tarpon River. Take the south fork and stop off at Lewis Landing Park for a break from the sun under the trees! Either way, seeing Fort Lauderdale from the water is a must!
PLEASE NOTE: It can get pretty hot outside, even during South Florida’s “Winter” months, so be sure to bring plenty of water. We do have water bottles and sunblock for purchase prior to your rental, just in case.
- Iguana’s resting along the New River
- Tucked away riverfront parks
- Beautiful homes
- Hidden canals
- A historic (and still active) swing bridge *only seen if you head west on the north fork.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do you mean by skill level?
- Our top priority at Riverwalk Recreation is to ensure safety while having fun. Our Skill Level index is a way for YOU to gauge how comfortable you’ll be on any particular tour or rental. Novice is the easiest followed by Intermediate then Experienced. A higher skill level generally means you should feel comfortable paddling around boat traffic or against the wake. Our guides will provide commentary and direction throughout the ride to ensure safety and let you know where we’re going and how we’re going to do it. Still not sure? Contact us and we’ll happily answer any additional questions: (954) 526-5159
What should I bring with me?
- Water! H20! Sunscreen! Bathing Suit! and a cell phone, just in case you need to reach us in case of emergency
When should I arrive?
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the rental time.
What’s your rain and bad weather policy?
- Riverwalk Recreation pays close attention to the weather radar. Living in Fort Lauderdale has taught us that the weather can change at any minute so we’ll make the the decision to cancel. If we decide to cancel we’ll give you the option to re-schedule or issue a full refund.
What’s your cancellation/refund policy?
- Your payment is fully refundable if you cancel at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance and your payment is 50% refundable if you cancel 48 hours (2 days) in advance. CONTACT US with any questions or concerns.
- Riverwalk Recreation HQ, 300 SW 1st Avenue #111, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Some related activities you may enjoy:
Fort Lauderdale Beach Bike Tour
- 4 Hours Intermediate
Fort Lauderdale Vibe Bike Tour
- 3 Hours Easier
FTL Burger & Brewery Bike Tour
- 3+ Hours N/A
Private Custom Bike Tours
- 2+ Hours All Skill Levels